Virtual Information Sessions
November 15, 2022 from 1:30-2:30 pm ET
This information session is part of the MIT School of Engineering Virtual Graduate Fair for minority-serving institutions. Make sure to select the 1:30 pm session for the Postdoctoral Fellowship Program for Engineering Excellence.
December 8, 2022 from 1:30-2:30 pm ET
- Application survey with biographical, demographic, and research interest information
- Curriculum vitae
- Cover letter: Include a statement (1-page maximum) on why this program is a good fit for you and how your identity and/or background has informed your pathway. Include which area of engineering you wish to work. Indicate a possible faculty
advisor at MIT.
- Research statement: Include a research statement (2-page maximum) describing your accomplishments, current work, future research direction, and impacts of work with a faculty mentor.
- Diversity statement: Include a statement (1-page maximum) on how you think about diversity, have contributed to diversity, and/or how your research or other work has advanced or will advance diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Three reference letters: Applicants should request their references and submit a letter of recommendation directly to the application portal. Referees will need the applicant’s name and registered email address for the submission.
Fellows selection process
Applicants go through a review process that includes an application review and an interview. Following the application review, the program contacts all applicants and invites selected candidates for a virtual interview. In addition, we provide a mentor and resources to help guide you in preparing a presentation for the interview. The interview will consist of a research presentation on past research work as well as a vision for future work. The audience includes program faculty and staff, including those who may later serve as your postdoctoral advisor or serve you in another mentorship capacity.
Frequently asked questions
- Learn more about the application process in our FAQs.
Questions? Please contact us at email@example.com.